TOPIC: Where does news come from?
Today you’ll put your new news writing skills into practice. You may write as many stories as you like, but at least two must be in inverted pyramid style (refer to last Friday’s News Conference post and the Style and Structure .ppts if you need a reminder).
First steps: structuring a story
TOPIC: Structuring a story.
What makes news news?
TOPIC: Understanding news and newsworthiness.
Useful links: Media releases
- NSW Police Media
- Australian Federal Police
- City of Sydney (council) media
- NSW State Government news
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- The CSIRO
- the RSPCA
- Barnardo’s Australia
- The Australian Medical Association
- The Australian Human Rights Commission
- The Australian Government: Latest Media Releases
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Defence
- Screen Australia
- Sydney Mardi Gras Media Releases
- Art Gallery of NSW
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- National Gallery of Australia
- National Portrait Gallery
- Apple press info
- Australian Institute of Sport
- AFL media releases
- NRL Media
- Australian Cricket